Tea cosy for a large Brown Betty. Pattern available for free in my Google docs.
25 April 2012
22 April 2012
I decided yesterday that I'm going to do my own makeup for the wedding. I think in general this will be a stress-reducer. I'm very confident with my makeup, and it's one less appointment for the day -- the only getting-ready that will be done by a pro is hair, because I'm not really great at doing my own hair. I also spent $100 at Sephora yesterday on products specifically for the wedding -- primer, waterproof mascara, and a new lipstick.
List of products
List of products
- Plain Chapstick
- Smashbox Photo Finish Light primer
- Ben Nye creme foundation in "Rice Paper"
- Mary Kay Signature concealer in yellow
- Rimmel hide-the-blemish concealer in ivory
- ELF mineral foundation in Fair
- Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion in "Sin"
- Sephora Collection eyeshadow in "Geisha Kiss"
- Smashbox Be Legendary lipstick in "Legendary"
- Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder in translucent fair
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! waterproof mascara
- ELF natural radiance blush in unknown color (vaguely mauve) (this is a similar product -- the one I have has been discontinued)
- Maybelline Define-a-brow Gel (discontinued, suggested replacement)
- Foundation brush
- Concealer brush
- Kabuki brush (ELF)
- Round eyeshadow brush
- Detail eyeshadow brush
- Lipstick brush
- Large powder brush
- Apply chapstick
- Prime entire face, jaw, and blend to neck, except eyelids
- Wait five minutes
- With foundation brush, apply BN foundation to entire face (except eyelids) and blend to neck. Make sure to get around eyebrows. BLEND.
- With concealer brush, apply MK concealer from back of hand to undereye dark circles and any major blemishes.
- With concealer brush again, apply Rimmel concealer as outside-lip liner, paying special attention to center of upper lip (cupid's bow) and outside of lower lip. Apply anywhere else that needs brightening, like nose. Blend into foundation.
- With kabuki brush, apply ELF mineral foundation lightly to entire face and neck, blending into chest. Buff very well to eliminate powder look.
- Touch up concealer if needed.
- Apply UD eyeshadow primer to eyelids, inner corners, and almost up to the brow. DO NOT cateye -- keep it close.
- With round eyeshadow brush, apply Sephora eyeshadow lightly to entire lid. Darken slightly at outer corner and crease, blending well. DO NOT CATEYE -- keep it close.
- With detail eyeshadow brush and Sephora eyeshadow, line upper lash line and outer third of lower lash line.
- Blot chapstick, if needed.
- Line lips with lip brush and Smashbox lipstick. Overdo the Cupid's bow at first.
- Fill in lips. Allow to dry for a minute.
- Gently blot lips with tissue. Powder with CG loose powder through 1ply of tissue.
- Reapply lipstick.
- Touch up edges of lips with Rimmel concealer, if needed.
- Apply Tarte mascara, first to tops of lashes, then to bottom (the normal way). Lightly apply to lower lashes all the way across.
- With large powder brush, apply ELF blush very lightly to create cheekbone contours. Layer to darken if desired.
- Apply Maybelline brow gel.
- Be fabulous!