24 July 2007

post #42

Hi evrybody!! Not much to say... still making progress on the number-crunching front, and I've started work on my talk and paper (finally!).

Mostly, I wanted to post pictures of the sushi (not real pictures, just from the internet) I had yesterday. It was awesome! So here goes.

Nigiri ikura: salmon eggs, rice, and nori (seaweed). VERY strange (they pop in your mouth), but now I've tried it.

Nigiri unagi: barbecued eel on rice, with a little strip of nori. Always a favorite!

Nigiri sake (foreground): raw salmon on rice. Mine was a little paler than this and absolutely delicious. Also this restaurant doesn't put the wasabi under the fish for you, so I didn't have to take it off!! :)

House specialty roll: This picture isn't actually it, but it looks sort of the same. The one I had had four different fish and avocado! Unfortunately, there wasn't much of it (only half of what's in the picture there) and it was expensive. But it was still tasty.

Finally, edamame!!! Soooooo good! But they take a long time to eat them one by one with chopsticks :) Mine didn't have quite this much salt on them..

Anyway, that's it, and I'm hungry now. See you all soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?